Sunday, August 8, 2010

Easter Hat Parade Ideas



















Steps to making this hat:

1. I used a child cap as the base, wrapped the cardboard around the rim to fit the size of the cap, created the base and top and just glued it all together.

2. The bunny face, ears and teeth I just created through drawing the templates myself.

3. The eyes, foam ball (cut in half) and the other bits and pieces I purchased through the bargin stores.

4. I just decorated the rest with coloured paper by cutting egg shapes and glued it straight onto the hat.





















This hat was so easy to make.

I purchased everything from a $2 bargain store.

I purchased the hat which came with the feather frills from the bargain store and just decorated the hat with various bits and pieces which I also purcahsed from the same bargain store.

Just glued them on with a heat glue gun.

16 comments:

  1. your Easter hats are very well
    congratulations

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks but if you saw the rest of the other hats mine don't even compare!

      Delete
  2. I like your easter bonnet
    but,how did you make???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, thanks, I have updated how I made them, please see above.

      Delete
  3. Brilliant I love your easter hats, in fact I am going to make the bottom one for my easter bonnet competition. Well done, congratulations!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can you make a step by step guide?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey it's me again and can't stop talking about those hats.ALSO ITS MY EASTER BONNET COMPETITION TOMORROW.YAY!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck tomorrow, would love to see what you made!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you and I won the easter bonnet competition and I will post photo when I know how to.:>

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congratulations!! Looking forward to seeing your hat!

      Delete
  8. Hello again you have put your easter bonnet pictures on again ,they are so cool.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi what you have in the middle to whole up the stuff you put there

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cut a circle the same size as the diameter of the hat with an extra 2cm. Draw lines from the outside of your circle to the inner line, all the way round, and cut them. Fold the tabs, glue them and stick them into the your hat.

      Delete